Full Time & Part Time
Cortello Salon is seeking confident, service minded and proactive Guest Service Representatives that have a strong passion for customer service and the beauty industry. At Cortello, our passion is people, and our business is to create an above and beyond experience that begins and ends with our Guest Service Representative Team, making this role vital to our guest satisfaction experience and a key role in driving financial results . The ideal candidate is an empowered self-starter that can gracefully handle multi-tasking in a high pressure environment and enjoys being of service to others before themselves. This individual will have the ability to drive results and achieve goals while interacting professionally and with sensitivity to the needs of guests and co-workers. As a team, the Guest Service Representatives handle phone calls, book and manage appointments for 30+ stylists, and process service and boutique payments on a daily basis. Cortello Salon consists of a group of highly-trained professionals who work hard to delight each and every guests with an incredible, outstanding, and extraordinary service experience.
On average, Cortello services 36,000 guests a year! We’ve been featured by INC 500 Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in America, recognized by Salon Today Magazine as a Salon of Distinction and as a Top 200 Salon in the United States 4 years in a row. This position offers the opportunity to further your guest/customer service career into a management position at one of the top salons in the country. If you are ready to commit to a successful and profitable career, our team is dedicated to helping and supporting you to flourish with the Cortello Team.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must have an outgoing and friendly personality with a passion for people and all aspects of the beauty industry
- Must work well under pressure and thrive in intense, fast paced, high pressure environments
- Must have the ability to team up (or work) with co-workers to ensure proper customer service
- Must exhibit pristine customer service and a have a ‘no” is never the answer philosophy
- Must have the ability to professionally handle guest issues and work effectively to resolve guest issues
- Must have a strong attention to detail – written and verbal and ability to apply solution based critical thinking to various situations
- Must have the ability to excel in making special moments to cater to our valued guests
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to seize opportunity to create and build business
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a polished and professional appearance and demeanor
- Must be reliable and have availability to work various schedules, including evenings & Saturdays
- Salon and point of sale software experience preferred by not required
- Retail, salon, spa, service, call center, and/or sales experience preferred
Major Responsibility Areas and Duties
- Create a welcoming and friendly environment for guests in the salon by keeping appointments running smoothly, handling point-of-sale transactions and supporting the salon team.
- Provide an exceptional 5 star customer service experience making a strong and lasting first impression and striving to exceed guest expectations
- Answering phones using proper etiquette and in a timely manner to schedule appointments
- Manage and optimize the books for 30+ stylists
- Manage the flow of the salon, including guest check-in and check-out experience and communicate with stylists regarding their clients’ arrival
- Actively seek out customers in the boutique area and provide assistance and product knowledge to help drive retail sales
- Manage the flow of the salon (informing stylists when guests have arrived)
- Assess, educate and inform guests about services and products offered and go the extra mile to initiate and drive sales both in person and on the phone
- Process service and boutique payments
- Manage the cleanliness and appearance of guest experience areas; including beverage, retail, waiting, and desk areas
- Flexible schedules
- The opportunity to work in a close-knit, supportive team environment
- Paid training
- Fun, dynamic, work environment
- Discount on products and services
- Unlimited growth opportunities
- Education from industry leading luxury brands
About us: Cortello Salon is a full-service upscale salon located in Jacksonville Beach, FL. Cortello has been ranked by INC 500 Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in America, recognized by Salon Today Magazine as a Salon of Distinction and as a Top 200 Salon in the United States 4 years in a row. Our number one mission is delivering a consistent, above and beyond experience to each guest we serve, which has earned us over 1,000 five star reviews. Locally, we were voted #1 Best Salon and Blow Dry Bar in Jacksonville by Void Magazine.
Cortello is comprised of a team of professionals who are passionate about beauty, fashion, and people. Our team’s uniqueness is what strengthens their collective ability. The foundation of our company is built on our three core values; teamwork, education and growth. At Cortello we push each other and the status quo to be better tomorrow than we are today. It is through our mission, growth, and recognition of the Cortello team that we inspire others inside and outside our industry and community to see the potential this profession has to offer.