Full Time & Part Time
Cortello Salon, a high end full-service salon is seeking full-time and part-time humble, proactive, guest-focused Apprentice Hair Stylists to join our rapidly growing team. As a Cortello Apprentice Hair Stylist, you’ll be given the tools and education to build a successful business with high client retention rates. Our free advanced education programs ensure that you will become one of the most highly trained stylists; up-to-date on the latest techniques and trends. You’ll be working alongside and learning from some of the top stylists in the industry. This opportunity offers you the ability to gain the equivalent of five years of experience in just one year.
For the right individuals, we are offering you financial stability, with an established career path and the opportunity to make $100K+ at one of the top salons in the country. On average we see over 36,000 guests a year and over 260 new guests a month! We’ve been featured by INC 500 Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in America, recognized by Salon Today Magazine as a Salon of Distinction and as a Top 200 Salon in the United States 4 years in a row. If you are ready to commit to a successful and profitable career, our team is dedicated to helping and supporting you to flourish with the Cortello Team.
The ideal Apprentice Hair Stylist
- Must have great people skills and a strong passion about the beauty industry
- Must be committed to providing an above and beyond guest experience
- Must take pride in your appearance and demeanor
- Must be eager to grow, learn and develop your skills
- Motivated to grow yourself, our team and the Cortello organization
- Works well in a fast paced environment, has a hard work ethic and strong drive to succeed
- Values working in a team environment where you’ll ultimately become part of the Cortello Family
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must be in cosmetology school, recently graduated, or have a cosmetology license
- Must be committed to our core values- positive teamwork, commitment to excellence and continued growth
- Time-management skills
- Open to coaching, new ideas and constructive criticism
- Communicate effectively and work well in a team environment
- Provide an excellent and luxurious guest experience from beginning to end
Major Responsibility Areas and Duties
- Become an expert in color, cutting and all other services offered at Cortello
- Working directly with master and senior stylists to learn:
- Performs the Cortello shampoo experience: (shampoo, gloss, head massage treatment)
- Assist in blow drying with a stylist
- Mixing color
- Preparing the salon and stylists for the day
- Understands timing and has the ability to come up with solutions
- Become an expert in upstyling, braiding, makeup services, treatments and smoothing services
- Educate guests on retail and how to love and style their hair at home
- Attend events, fashion shows, in salon and on location weddings
- Ongoing upkeep of the salon appearance
- Hourly Wages
- Free education program
- Advanced education from global guest artists
- Flexible schedules
- Our books are full with an established clientele
- 3,200 guests a month
- 260 new guests a month
- The opportunity to work in a close-knit, supportive team environment
- Progressive education program with mentorships and 1:1 coaching
- Financial stability, with an established career path and the opportunity to make $100K+
- Professional, luxury, high-end environment that guests are attracted to
- We have a blowdry bar to assist in blow drys with color so stylists can see more guests
- Discounts on products and services
Free Advanced Training
Cortello Salon consists of a group of highly-trained professionals and support system dedicated to providing each and every guest with an incredible, outstanding, and extraordinary service. You’ve heard right, to become a stylist here it’s hard work and if you are striving to be the best, we want you to learn from the best! As a benefit, Cortello offers you free advanced education programs, providing you with the foundation to build your career. You’ll master business building and advanced technical skills in the art of styling, cut and color.
About us: Cortello Salon is a full-service upscale salon located in Jacksonville Beach, FL. Cortello has been ranked by INC 500 Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in America, recognized by Salon Today Magazine as a Salon of Distinction and as a Top 200 Salon in the United States 4 years in a row. Our number one mission is delivering a consistent, above and beyond experience to each guest we serve, which has earned us over 1,000 five star reviews. Locally, we were voted #1 Best Salon and Blow Dry Bar in Jacksonville by Void Magazine.
Cortello is comprised of a team of professionals who are passionate about beauty, fashion, and people. Our team’s uniqueness is what strengthens their collective ability. The foundation of our company is built on our three core values; teamwork, education and growth. At Cortello we push each other and the status quo to be better tomorrow than we are today. It is through our mission, growth, and recognition of the Cortello team that we inspire others inside and outside our industry and community to see the potential this profession has to offer.
Cortello is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.